Weekly Blast 1.29.2021
January 28, 2021 -
|School Dates to Note:
||Table of Contents:|
|A Note From Headmaster
I wanted to use this blast to remind you about two unique school days coming up. Monday, February 8th, and Tuesday, February 9th are off-campus asynchronous school days. Students will not report to campus, and students will not be Zooming into class from home. Each day will incorporate offline work with additional time designated for homework. Teachers will communicate with students on Thursday and Friday of this coming week, so students are prepared for what to complete prior to their return to campus on Wednesday, February 10th. I appreciate your understanding and flexibility to enable our teachers to have two grading and preparation days.
“Our team has worked very well together during this season. We have grown in both our relationship with one another and in our understanding of robotics as a whole. The majority of our team are first-year robotics students, which means we have essentially built this team from the ground up. As coders, we have a great foundation from our Logic and Coding class, which we quickly expanded upon and applied to our robot, “Ned”. We are very proud of our robot, which has a unique hardware design with fully functional Driver Control and Autonomous modes. We have continuously improved our score in each match, and we are excited to improve our robot through the rest of the season.” – JT Janssen and Jeiel Brucker
If you would like any information, please visit our website (still being developed) for both teams: https://griffinrobotics116.wixsite.com/11666
Semester 2 Tutoring Schedule
2021-2022 Academic Calendar -Draft
ECNA: French Culture Society
To enroll, please contact Madame Cognet-Pereira, and click on the payment portal tab on the GP website or click the link: https://glendaleprep.configio.com/pd/850/ecna-french-culture-society.
ECNA: The Forces of Nature
For more information, please contact Madame Cognet-Pereira.
Community Investment/Tax Credit
Simply click on this link, type the name of your employer, and hit ‘search’ to find out if your company offers a Corporate Matching Gifts Program. If your company does have a Matching Gifts program, please submit the appropriate paperwork to your Human Resources department. Please contact Cathy Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623.889.0822 with any questions.
Having your gift matched is an easy way to increase the impact of your donations to Glendale Prep without any additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Glendale Prep! Go Griffins!
Great Hearts Telethon
· SUMMER PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS VIRTUAL FAIR: On February 3, 2021, from 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. or February 20, 2021, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. you have the opportunity to view helpful seminars on how to choose a summer program, visit virtual booths, and ask questions. For detailed information and registration, click here.
· NACAC VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIRS: Follow this LINK for details about upcoming fairs and registration.
· COLLEGE APPLICATION WORKSHOPS: Davidson College is hosting several informative sessions about the college application process from February 6-13, 2021. Junior students and parents are encouraged to follow this LINK to view session topics and register. These topics are general enough to apply to students looking at various colleges.
· JUNIORS: College 101 sessions will take place on our early release days, February 5th and February 19th, at 1:00 p.m. Plan to join your classmates via Zoom for these sessions containing information necessary for all students. Remember February 19th, offers students the opportunity to learn more about each of our three in-state public universities. Students are required to attend at least one session. You can locate the Zoom link in the College Counseling Google Classroom on the day of the event.
· COLLEGE COUNSELING WEBSITE: This webpage can be accessed through the Glendale Prep main website and is a good resource for up-to-date information on testing schedules, summer pre-college programs, and college counseling events.
HS Winter Sports – Griffin Sports Net: Tune in to catch all of the HS action via the Griffin Sports Net – Click the link at the time of the home game: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYts3u-p3dxij2bfa1TxKEw.
Schedules are viewable on glendaleprepathletics.com.
Spring Sports: Information on upcoming spring sports is coming soon. Stay tuned for updates and information on the upcoming season and the variety of sports that your child will be able to choose from. If your child has yet to get a physical, now is a good time to make an appointment. Click here to download the physical forms.
Tax Credits: GP Athletics is thankful for the many friends and families who contribute their Arizona Tax Credits to Glendale Prep. If you haven’t done so yet, click here to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/1655544328008727/posts/2892750240954790/
Follow Us: @gpathleticdept – Instagram & @Glendale Prep Athletics – Facebook
Thank you to our GOLD Level Athletic Sponsors
To join our Athletic Parent Board email gp_APO@glendaleprep.org with your full name and the sport that your child participates in.
Block Schedule Regular and Half Days: Remote & Onsite
|Websites and Links
Glendale Prep Website
Glendale Prep PSO Website
GP Athletics Website
“Like Us” on Facebook
2020-21 School Calendar
GP Family Handbook
Lunch Ordering – Password “griffins4”