|Hello Griffin Nation,
We hope you are doing well and know that the Athletic Department and all our Coaches miss you. With the Stay At Home orders lifted, we are activating our summer sports schedules and plans. Please rest assured, Glendale Prep and Great Hearts are taking important precautions to keep our athletes and coaches safe during this transition back. Please know that at no time are these summer activities required to participate in sports the next school year. Students must stay home if they are feeling ill at any point. Now is not the time to “power through” anything. We are implementing strict guidelines for our return to play and therefore will not be able to make any special exceptions for any reason. Please see attached documents explained below:
- Off-Season Permission Slip- The attached permission slip  MUST be signed and given to the athletic department or your coach BEFORE coming to any off-season activities. Coaches will send this out to teams individually before the start of training. This document can be found on the school and athletic website as well.
- GH Reopen Reasoning –Explanation of why Great Hearts is opening  the sports facilities for the summer.
- Cleaning Protocol/Practices – This document explains how Glendale Prep  is practicing the NFHS/AIA social distance guidelines.
- Summer Athletics will begin as early as Monday 6/1/20, your coaches will reach out with individual training schedules soon and sign up procedures. Athletes must communicate with coaches before showing up for trainings.
- Coaches will use signupgenius.com to allow for roster sign-ups. This is for our monitoring of phase #s and clearance of athletes who have turned in waivers.
- All participation is voluntary but please let your coach know if you plan on participating in the next school year but will not be attending summer workouts at this time.
- Students with underline health risks are encouraged to remain at home.
- Students not attending Glendale Prep next school year are not allowed at workouts.
- Each athlete must provide their own disposable water bottle(s) during this time. The athletic department will not be providing water jugs or bottles and all fountains will be closed and powered off.
- Glendale Prep’s campus will be cleaned before every scheduled athletic day by our professional cleaning porters.
- Locker rooms are closed this summer, athletes must come dressed for training. We will have two outdoor restrooms accessible.
- If you have traveled by commercial airline, bus, or train within the US the past 14 days, or traveled outside the US within the last 14 days, you may NOT attend trainings. You may return after that 14-day window.
- In our first phase, coaches will wear masks, students are required to wear a mask during check-in & departure (waiting for a ride). During training, a mask may be asked to be removed for proper breathing techniques by the coach, this is allowed and a safety measure.
Training Check-In Procedure – GP
- If an athlete drives him/herself, they will need to park in the west parking lot and student parking.
- If you are dropping off a student, please do so along the curbside in front of the GP athletics banner. Parents may not get out of their vehicle for any reason.
- Our only point of entry/exit is the exterior athletic field gates. Please enter the campus through the gates and follow the cones into the gym courtyard. There you will have your temperature taken.
- Every coach and athlete will have their temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer. If you measure a temperature of 100.4 or above, we will need to take it again. If after the second time the temperature is still above 100.4, the individual will not be allowed to participate. (more information in the document)
- After temperatures are taken, they will be granted entry into the campus.
- If you measure a temperature greater than 100.4, you will be asked to go home immediately. Parents dropping off a student are required to wait until their student is granted access to the building.
- This reopening cycle will happen in phases. We will be only allowing groups of 10 athletes in the gym or on the field and 6 athletes maximum in the weight room for our first phase of opening.
- All practices will be CLOSED. Per NFHS guidelines, no one other than the athlete will be permitted to enter the building/field for any reason.
- At the end of the practice and during weightlifting, students will wipe down the items they used and wash their hands/use hand sanitizer before leaving. (GP will provide cleaning supplies and cleaning requirements.)
- All athletes and coaches will exit when their session is over through the GP gate and return home. Athletes/Coaches are discouraged from socially interacting on the curb post workouts. Rides need to be arranged on time and students driving must leave immediately after their workout.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to your head coaches.
Athletic Director – Glendale Prep Academy
Thank you for your participation in Glendale Prep’s athletic program. Our program depends on both fee payments and Tax Credit contribution to exist. If you have yet to do so, please consider contributing your Arizona Public School Tax Credit to Glendale Prep today. You can click here  to make your contribution. Thank you!